Need to fulfill your Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements? Creighton University School of Law provides numerous seminars throughout the academic year. Your next opportunities are:
Mangrum on Nebraska Evidence Seminar Examines
Date: Friday, June 3, 2016
Time: 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM | Registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. | There will be a 60-minute break for lunch on your own starting at 12:00 noon.
Location: Harper Center at Creighton University, Room 3023
Summary: Professor Mangrum in his annual one-day seminar on Nebraska will introduce the 2016 version of Nebraska Practice, Volume 3 – Mangrum on Nebraska Evidence, West Publishing.
Professor Mangrum has been revising an evidentiary treatise on the Nebraska Rules of Evidence for many years. Each person attending will receive as the materials for the seminar a copy of Mangrum on Nebraska Evidence 2016, which sells for $327. The seminar will highlight the new cases discussed in the treatise which have been decided this past year by the Nebraska Supreme Court. The 2015 revised and updated treatise is being published by West Publishing as the current version of Volume 3 of the Nebraska Practice Series. It updates the treatise for any cases decided by the Nebraska Supreme Court in 2015 plus relevant federal and United States Supreme Court cases. The published version includes an index of cases, a table of contents and library references.
MANGRUM ON NEBRASKA EVIDENCE SEMINAR EXAMINES:
1. Recent Nebraska cases;
2. Provides the relevant Nebraska Legislative history behind each Nebraska evidentiary rule;
3. Outlines a foundational checklist for each rule;
4. Offers an analytical overview of Nebraska case law interpreting each evidentiary rule;
5. Provides an outline of the differences, if any, between the Nebraska Rules and the Federal Rules of Evidence; and
6. Provides an hour of ethics related to issues of in appropriate closing arguments.
8:00-9:00 Brief Answers to Lay and Expert Opinion Questions
9:00-9:40 Relevancy: Article 4
9:40-10:00 Privilege: Article 5
10:00-10:15 Morning Break
10:15-11:15 Witnesses: Article 6
11:15-11:45 Authentication: Article 9
11:40-12:00 The Original Writing Rule: Article 10
12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own
1:00-2:00 Hearsay/Confrontation: Article 8: Breaking Down Hearsay Problems
2:00-2:15 Procedural Rules: Article 1
2:15-2:30 Scope of the Rules: Article 11
2:30-2:45 Judicial Notice: Article 2
2:45-3:00 Presumptions: Article 3
3:15-4:15 Professional Ethics: The Thou Shalt Not’s of Closings
- Mangrum on Nebraska Evidence 2016 (including a copy of the 2016 Edition priced by Thomson Reuters at $327). = $354.42
- I cannot attend the program, please mail to me a copy of Mangrum on Nebraska Evidence 2016. = $345.98
- I want to attend, but I do not want to purchase the 2016 edition of Mangrum on Nebraska Evidence. = $238.37
*Cancellations must be received five days prior to the seminar for a refund.
Register: Click here
Credit: Approved for 6.5 hours of CLE credit and 1 hour of Ethics for both Nebraska and Iowa.
Parking: The Harper Center is just north and east from Creighton University School of Law in Omaha, Nebraska. Parking is available in the lot east of the Law School at 21st and Cass Streets or the visitors’ lot south of the Harper Center or west of the Law School at 24th and Cass Streets.