Ms. Van Horne focuses her practice on mediation and alternative dispute resolution. She has successfully mediated a wide variety of disputes, and regularly mediates cases in both Nebraska and Iowa. Ms. Van Horne has extensive experience in the area of personal injury and products liability, where her years of litigation experience for both plaintiffs and defendants provide insight into how a case will progress to verdict. She performs pro bono mediations in both Douglas and Sarpy County as an affiliated mediator with the Concord Mediation Center.
Ms. Van Horne is on the panel of approved mediators for the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska, and is a member of the Nebraska Mediation Association and the American Academy of ADR Attorneys. View her ADR website.
Ms. Van Horne also practices in the areas of products liability, personal injury, wrongful death, trucking accident defense and general commercial litigation. She has experience in defending food products claims across the supply chain. She also has extensive experience in managing products liability defense, both in the lead trial counsel role and in supervising litigation handled by local counsel across the United States.
Ms. Van Horne serves on the Board of Directors of Legal Aid of Nebraska. She also is active in the Robert M. Spire American Inn of Court, a group of judges and trial lawyers who meet monthly to promote professionalism, civility and ethics.
- JD, University of Iowa College of Law, 2002, with Distinction;
Articles Editor, Journal of Corporation Law;
Iowa State Bar Association Graduating Senior Award
- MS, University of Nebraska at Omaha, 1998
- MA, University of Nebraska at Omaha, 1997
- Michigan State University, Certificate in Food Safety, 2014
- BA, Dana College, 1988, magna cum laude
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Panelist, “Making the Most of Mediation,” Nebraska State Bar Association Labor Relations & Employment Law Seminar, June 16, 2017 Panelist, “Making Your Mediation Successful – Highlighting Gender Issues in Mediation,” Nebraska Defense Counsel Association Annual Meeting and Seminar, June 2, 2017
- Presenter, “Mediation Harvest: Grow Your Mediation Practice,” American Academy of ADR Attorneys Annual Fall Seminar, September 2015
- Moderator, “Food Safety in the Age of Terrorism,” ABA Section of Litigation Food & Supplements Third Annual Workshop, June 18, 2013