Catherine M. Mahern, JD
Endowed Chair, Connie Kearney Endowed Chair in Clinical Legal Education
Director, Abrahams Legal Clinic
School of Law
- Associate Professor
Before joining the Creighton law faculty Professor Mahern was the Director of the Elder Law Clinic at Thurgood Marshall School of Law in Houston, Texas from 1985-1992. Prior to becoming involved in clinical education she was a legal services attorney in Texas from 1983-1985, specializing in consumer law and in Indiana from 1980-1982, specializing in family law. She has published articles on legal problems of the elderly in the Texas Bar Journal. She directs and teaches the Creighton University School of Law Abrahams Legal Clinic. Professor Mahern is unable to answer legal questions.
- Linda S. Scheirton, Keli Mu & Catherine Mahern, What to Do when Things Go Wrong, in Foundations in Patient Safety for Health Professionals, 121 (Kimberly A. Galt & Karen A. Paschal eds., 2011).
- Catherine Mahern, Public Housing Issues, in Landlord-Tenant Law Update (Neb. Continuing Legal Educ. ed., 2007).
- Kimberly A. Galt, Karen A. Paschal, Richard L. O'Brien, Robert J. McQuillan, Janet K. Graves, Barbara Harris, Catherine Mahern, Linda S. Scheirton, James D. Bramble, Bartholomew E. Clark, John M. Gleason, Pat Hoidal, Kevin Moores, Keli Mu, Ann M. Rule, J. Chris Bradberry, Roberta Sonnino & Debra Gerardi, Description and Evaluation of an Interprofessional Patient Safety Course for Health Professions and Related Sciences Students, 2 J. Patient Safety 207 (2006).
- Catherine M. Mahern & Connie Kearney, Divorce Kits, in Family Law Initiative (Neb. Continuing Legal Educ. ed., 2002).
- Catherine Mahern, Global Alliance for Justice Education, Creighton Law., Spring 2000, at 9.
- Catherine Mahern, The Creighton Legal Clinic, Creighton Law., Fall 1993, at 2.
- Catherine M. Mahern, Maintaining Autonomy Through Planning, 50 Tex. B.J. 482 (1987).
- Catherine M. Mahern, Benefits for Senior Texans, 50 Tex. B.J. 502 (1987).