Victoria J. Haneman, JD, LLM
School of Law
- Assistant Professor
Professor Haneman joined the Creighton faculty in Fall 2018. She teaches courses addressing various aspects of taxation, wills, trusts and estates, and business associations.
Before joining the Creighton University School of Law faculty, Professor Haneman was a member of the Concordia School of Law from 2014-2018 and the University of La Verne College of Law faculty from 2007-2014. She was a Visiting Professor of Law at the William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas from 2012-2013, and a Teaching Fellow at California Western School of Law from 2005-2007. Professor Haneman has been awarded the La Verne Academy Young Scholars Award, as well as the Student Bar Association Professor of the Year at both University of La Verne and California Western. Before joining the legal academy in 2005, Professor Haneman practiced corporate transactional law.
Professor Haneman’s scholarly work has appeared or is forthcoming in a number of publications, including Virginia Tax Review, Wake Forest Law Review, Oklahoma Law Review, Nevada Law Journal, and Missouri Law Review. Professor Haneman has co-authored a book with Daniel M. Berman, formerly the Director of the Graduate Tax Program at Boston University School of Law. Available through Carolina Academic Press, “Making Tax Law” examines the way in which considerations of tax policy, tax politics and tax administration intersect and contribute to the development of law through the legislative process, the promulgation of regulations and other administrative guidance, and the negotiation and ratification of tax treaties.
Visit Professor Haneman’s Legal Scholarship Network page at: http://ssrn.com/author=691892
- Daniel M. Berman & Victoria J. Haneman, Making Tax Law, Carolina Academic Press, 2014
- Victoria J. Haneman, Retrenchment, Temporary-Effect Legislations, and the Home Mortgage Interest Deduction, Oklahoma Law Review, 71, 347, 2018
- Victoria J. Haneman, Everybody Dies. Or, A Consideration of Simultaneous Death Statutes and the Struggles of the Self-Represented., Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy, 22(1), 221-250, 2018
- Victoria Haneman, Marriage, Millennials, and Massive Student Loan Debt, Concordia Law Review, 2(1), 103-117, 2017
- Victoria J. Haneman, Bridging the Justice Gap with a (Purposeful) Restructuring of Small Claims Court, Western New England Law Review, 39(4), 457-475, 2017
- Victoria J. Haneman, The Collision of Student Loan Debt and Joint Marital Taxation, Virginia Law Review, 35(2), 223-268, 2016
- Victoria J. Haneman, Incorporation of Outcome-Based Learning Approaches into the Design of (Incentive) Trusts, South Dakota Law Review, 61(3), 404-412, 2016
- Victoria J. Haneman, A Timely Proposal to Eliminate the Student Loan Interest Deduction., Nevada Law Journal, 14(1), 156-183, 2013
- Victoria J. Haneman, Changing the Estate Planning Malpractice Landscape: Applying the Constructive Trust to Cure Testamentary Mistake
, UMKC Law Review, Vol. 80(1), p. 91-111, 2011
- Victoria J. Haneman, The Inappropriate Imposition of Court-Ordered Mediation in Will Contests, Cleveland State Law Review, 59(4), 513-535, 2011
- Victoria J. Haneman & Jennifer M. Booth, 120 Hours Until the Consistent Treatment of Simultaneous Death Under the California Probate Code, Nova Law Review, 34(2), 449-471, 2010
- Victoria J. Haneman, The Ethical Exploitation of the Unrepresented Consumer, Missouri Law Review, 73(3), 707-743, 2008