You’ve been admitted to Creighton University School of Law. Congratulations! Here is what to do next.
Reserve Your Seat
To reserve your spot at Creighton School of Law, you must pay your first ($250) and second ($250) nonrefundable seat deposits by the dates specified on your “Response to Letter of Acceptance.” If we do not receive your deposit on time, we will withdraw your application. You may pay your deposit online at https://choose.creighton.edu/status. You will need to provide your username and PIN to activate your account and pay your deposit. This information is provided in your acceptance packet. You may pay both your seat deposits at once ($500) or pay individually ($250/each) by the two seat deposit deadlines specified in your “Response to Letter of Acceptance.” If you prefer to pay your deposit by check, you may log into your portal to pay via e-check. If you have any questions about seat deposits, please contact lawadmit [at] creighton [dot] edu or 402.280.2586.
You’ll get to:
- Sit in on an actual a class
- Learn more about our academic and experiential programs
- Talk with current students about their experiences
- Take a tour
- Learn about Scholarship and Financial Aid
- Hear from our Career Development Office
Admitted Student Checklist
The summer months are important for admitted students like you. The following important tasks are organized by their deadlines.
- Complete the FAFSA by June 1. The Creighton school code is 002542.
- Activate your Net ID for NEST and CU Mail by June 1. Your Net ID and password were included in your acceptance packet. Through NEST you can:
- Pay your second $250 seat deposit by June 1 (or the date specified in your acceptance packet)
- Request accommodations. If you have disabilities and require accommodations, please email Dean Craig W. Dallon at craigdallon [at] creighton [dot] edu with the nature of your disability and your requested accommodations. Please send as soon as possible to allow adequate time to process.
- Secure housing. If you’re planning a move to Omaha, begin exploring housing options soon so you’re settled by the start of classes. If you move, make sure to change your address with the U.S. Postal Service and on NEST.
- Accept your financial aid award by July 15 via NEST.
- View your course schedule. In late July, the registrar will register you for your classes. You’ll receive an email with your section assignment. Once you’re registered, your class schedule will be available to view via NEST.
- Attend orientation. On August 11, 2020, we will begin our orientation activities with a cocktail reception. Our mandatory two-day orientation, held August 12-13, 2020, will help you transition to law school.
- Request Direct Deposit for student loans. If you plan to receive loan proceeds you must request direct deposit to your bank account. Sign up via NEST by August 1.
- Pay your tuition. You’ll receive an e-mail in late July from the Business Office, alerting you that your tuition and fees statement is available via NEST. Any scholarships and loans will be applied directly to your account on August 15. Any remaining balance after your financial aid has been applied must be paid by August 25.
- Update your immunization and insurance information via NEST by August 1. Failure to enter your immunization data will result in a “hold” being placed on your account and you will not be able to register for classes. All full-time students are required to have comprehensive health insurance. You will be automatically enrolled in Creighton’s student health insurance plan unless you submit a waiver request.
- Request your final undergraduate transcripts by August 22. Even though you had your undergraduate college or university submit your transcripts to the LSAC as part of your law school application, Creighton is still required by the American Bar Association to keep on file an official, undergraduate transcript, verifying the completion of your bachelor’s degree. Please have your undergraduate institution submit your final transcripts to the School of Law Admissions Office, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE, 68178.
- Purchase your textbooks. You may order your books online through the Creighton University bookstore. You can also obtain textbooks through the student-run Creighton School of Law Book Swap Facebook page. Here is the list of the books you will need.
You make take your law school exams either by hand or on your computer. If you choose to use your computer, you’ll need special online testing software. To take tests online, please note:
- You must provide your own notebook computer, however, it may not be a netbook
- The testing software does run on Windows and Macintosh with at least Windows XP (Windows) or Mac OS 10.5.8 (Macintosh), but be certain that your computer meets the Minimum System Requirements
- Other operating systems are not supported by the online testing software
Curious if your computer is compatible with the law school networks? Questions about software? To learn more, visit the Creighton University Division of Information Technology (DoIT) website or contact douglasreynolds [at] creighton [dot] edu (Douglas Reynolds), Technology Coordinator, at 402.280.2256.
No computer? No worries. The law library has several computer labs available for your use. Looking to buy a computer? Make sure it meets the following:
- Windows 7
- Intel Core i3, i5, i7 processor or equivalent AMD processor (2ghz minimum)
- 3 GB RAM
- CDRW/DVD Combo Drive
- 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless card (WIFI)
- 160 GB Hard-drive & 500 GB ext. Hard-drive for backup of data
- Warranty for the duration of time you are in school
- MacOS 10.6.8 or greater
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4 GB RAM
- CDRW/DVD Combo Drive
- 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless card (WIFI)
- 250GB Hard-Drive & 500GB ext. Hard-Drive for backup of data
- Most campus resources are focused first on Windows, therefore, you may have some functionality issues