Health and Wellness Coaching (Master of Science)
Other Programs Available
Make your mark on health care as a health and wellness coach.
Learn the skills you need to succeed as a health and wellness professional with Creighton University’s Master of Science in Health and Wellness Coaching.
Our nation’s health care system is rapidly evolving. Health care providers are incentivized to produce better patient outcomes and to reduce recurring patient visits. Employers are prioritizing health and wellness in the workplace, aiming to cut costs and increase productivity. Many organizations are now employing health and wellness coaches to help educate and motivate individuals to implement and sustain life-changing healthy behaviors.
Health coaches work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, community organizations, corporations and schools. Some typical roles in the field include:
- Health Coach/Health Educator, median annual salary: $53,070
- Wellness Coordinator, median annual salary: $78,210
- Community Health Professional, median annual salary: $44,390
Sources: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, O*Net Online – August 2017
Empower individuals to change their lives for the better.
The Master of Science in Health and Wellness Coaching is an ideal program for health care professionals or others in the health and wellness world who are interested in helping individuals take charge of their own health.
You’ll benefit from this program’s interdisciplinary approach, learning from faculty members and practitioners across various disciplines, including medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, pharmacy, public health and more.
The Master of Science in Health and Wellness Coaching will prepare you to work as part a diverse team of health care professionals. You’ll learn to take a whole-person approach to your work, considering all aspects that may affect an individual’s personal health.
Your degree, on your time.
The Master of Science in Health and Wellness Coaching program consists of 36 credit hours and is the only program of its kind that can be completed fully online. It is designed for working professionals looking to advance their education and skills on their own time.
The Master of Science in Health and Wellness Coaching consists of 36 credit hours and can be completed fully online. Each class is eight weeks long.
Required Courses (27 hours):
- Writing for Graduate Students
- Personal Development for the Health and Wellness Coach
- Advanced Lifestyle Medicine
- Health Behavior Modification
- Nutrition for Chronic Disease
- Exercise for Chronic Disease
- Stress and Sleep Management
- Research Methods and Program Design
- Advanced Health and Wellness Coaching
- Capstone in Health and Wellness Coaching
Electives (9 hours, choose three):
- Spirituality and Health
- Social Epidemiology
- Food, Culture and Nutritional Health
- Health Care and Health Services: Anthropological Perspectives
- Communicating and Leading Across Cultures
- Leadership and Well-Being
- Health Communication and Informatics
- Health Economics and Finance
- Law and Health Care Ethics
- Social and Cultural Contexts of Health Care
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in the Gerontological Population
- Introduction to Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- Directed Independent Study
- Practicum in Health and Wellness Coaching
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, evidenced by official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Current resume
- Statement of purpose (2-3 pages, double spaced) outlining personal health and wellness coaching philosophy and reasons for applying for admission
- Three letters of recommendation
- A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 80 (internet-based)
- Proof of regular access to the technology needed to take online courses
- Proof of completion of a health-related degree, credentialing or health-related coursework, or program director’s consent
- International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements
- International applicants who are formally admitted must complete and submit a Certification of Available Finances Form through the Global Engagement Office
Creighton University reserves the right to request GRE scores or a personal interview.
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start Classes in||Apply By|