Healthcare Management (Master of Healthcare Management)
Other Programs Available
Position yourself for success in a rapidly growing field.
Creighton University’s Master of Healthcare Management program can help pave the way for you to become a leader in the business side of healthcare. Demand for health services managers is expected to rise over 15 percent in the next decade1. In as little as three years, graduates of this program will be prepared to serve in a managerial role in a number of health care organizations, including nursing administration, government offices, pharmaceutical sales, and even veterinary clinics
Courses taught in this program are designed with the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) standards in mind. Many of the course materials are taken directly from the same materials that are used to create the American College of Healthcare Executives Fellow (FACHE) board certification exam. Completing this master’s program can serve as your next step toward the highly-regarded FACHE certification.
1Source: Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) – September 2017
Learn from multiple perspectives.
The Master of Healthcare Management program lives within the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, which leads to a robust curriculum designed with the collaboration and shared resources of faculty members from various backgrounds. The unique perspectives offered by our faculty and other students in your cohort supplement course materials designed to prepare you for a successful career in an administrative role in healthcare. You’ll exchange insights and expertise based on real-world experiences that can help prepare you for a successful career in healthcare management.
Earn your master’s degree on your schedule.
Your busy schedule doesn’t have to keep you from earning your master’s degree. The Master of Healthcare Management program at Creighton University can be completed entirely online, meaning you can work toward your degree whenever and wherever you like.
Not ready for the full master’s program? A Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management can be the perfect way to advance your skillset and prepare you to be a leader in the healthcare industry in a shorter amount of time. Best of all, credits earned toward the graduate certificate can be put toward the master’s degree, should you decide to pursue it.
To earn a Master of Healthcare Management at Creighton University, you must complete 48-51 credits (depending on practicum requirements, which are based on professional experience):
- Managing Healthcare Organizations
- Organization and Management of Public Health Services
- Choose from either
- Law and Health Care Ethics
- Legal, Ethical, and Societal Considerations in Healthcare Management
- Financial Reporting for MBAs
- Health Policy
- Human Resources for Healthcare Managers
- Choose from either
- Health Communication and Informatics
- Information Systems and Data Analytics in Health Care
- Healthcare Economics and Finance
- Executive Leadership
- Finance for the Health Care Manager
- Health Planning and Marketing
- Public Health Leadership
- Business Policy & Managerial Action
- Practicum (3 credit hours with Healthcare Management experience, 6 credit hours with no experience)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Completed application (requires non-refundable $50 fee). Must include the following documents:
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended.
- Three recommendations from individuals familiar with the applicant’s academic background, achievements, and personal qualities.
- Statement of purpose (2-3 pages, double-spaced) outlining reasons for applying for admission and intended goals.
- International Students
To help make your graduate studies at Creighton University more affordable, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance, as well as for graduate student scholarships and fellowships. Here’s how to apply for financial assistance.
- Step 1: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Step 2: We’ll contact you if verification is required
- Step 3: You’ll receive a financial aid award notification
- Step 4: Accept your aid offer
For questions about financial aid, contact:
gpfinaid [at] creighton [dot] edu
|Start Classes in||Apply By|
Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management (15 credits)
- Gain the skills you need to become a business leader in the healthcare industry.
- Credits earned for a graduate certificate can be applied toward a Master of Healthcare Management degree.
- See a full course listing in the course catalog
- Available online